Saturday, September 12, 2009

new pet

So today while I was searching through my messy room for my watch, I saw this light green leaf on the corner of my bed, by the window, and for some reason got startled like I saw something out of place. I was feeling stupid for getting startled by a leaf, but then I noticed I am not stupid because the leaf was actually a praying mantis! It was huge. It was about 4 inches long and 2 inches tall. I have no idea how it got into my room. It was just chilling there with its hands up in the praying mantis pose. So I put it in a clear box and now it is my new pet. I am having some trouble naming it. So far I've thought of... Cyrus, The Magician, Theresa, and Slicer. None of them are really any good so if you got any ideas, let me know. Also, does anyone know how long a praying mantis can go without eating? I went outside to try to catch some crickets but those things stopped chirping every time I got close to them. It was pretty hard to find them so I gave up.

On another note, I have a serious sleeping problem. I have an incredibly hard time going to sleep before 4 AM. I am pretty sure it is not a physical problem but more so a mental one. I don't like to go to sleep because it is so incredibly boring. Just lying in bed in the dark is so lame. I always start to feel really restless and end up opening up my laptop and going on youtube or something. That lasts for about 25 minutes and then I would try to sleep again for maybe half an hour which would result in failure and then I would maybe be curious to see if anyone else was awake and open up my laptop again, continuing the cycle. Then I start to get mad at myself for not sleeping when it was 1 or 2 o'clock. If there was some way I could psychically do something or communicate with someone with my eyes closed, sleeping would be so much easier. I have tried a lot of things including drinking milk, reading, eating a lot, counting, taking benadryl, etc. Nothing really works except for the benadryl one. But then the next day you don't really feel as refreshed. Although I really do love that drowsy feeling. Taking benadryl before drinking is the best. Anyways, if ya got any good ideas about sleeping early, lemme know.

1 comment:

  1. buy crickets for your mantis. and try not sleeping for a night so that you're extra tired the next. people with jetlag usually try that

    ReplyDelete