Tuesday, September 8, 2009

sports

Yes, I bitched out of deactivating my facebook account. I originally posted in my blog that I was going to be deactivating it to avoid potential-employer-spying and because it was too time consuming. However, through sub-conscious embarrassment, I have drastically decreased the amount of times I check my facebook. Probably by like 90%. So I guess in the end, it all worked out. I would definitely not consider myself a facebook whore and can most likely live without it, but there are just too many convenient functions facebook has... as you all should already know.

Anyways, onwards to things about my life... I am currently taking three fire-tech classes at Santa Ana College (junior college) and will be taking three more, yes three more, classes at UCI. Upper division writing and two Chinese minor classes. Yes, I know, I already walked and did the whole graduation ceremony thing but I felt like I was going to miss the "college life" so I decided to save upper div writing for the fall and didn't take any classes in the summer and I wasn't planning on finishing my Chinese minor since I don't see much use for it, job-wise. However, now I just realized I probably will not miss college life THAT much and wish I took upper div writing in the summer. I am now finishing my minor since the price difference between part-time student and full-time student isn't really that large. Anyways, the point of me putting this on my blog is because I dont want you coming up to me on campus and saying "Didn't you graduate?" or "What are you doing here?" and making me feel like a retard. Although, I'm pretty sure that is still going to happen... a lot.

So while I was sitting in my fire class today, I realized something that I have thought about a while ago but never did anything about. I don't know shit about sports. Seriously, I don't. I don't even know enough to pretend like I do. Sometimes I can't even tell if the team they are talking about is football or baseball. The type of people taking fire classes, although very diverse, can still somewhat be generalized into one type of person, which is the macho, or wanna-be macho type of person. Apparently most of them really like talking about sports. I was sitting in the middle of class today during break and people were coming up to my table and we were just talking about a lot of random shit about the class and fire and whatever. And everyone was going blah blah blah and it was all cool and then all of a sudden they started talking about college football. I guess I am pretty used to not knowing shit when people talk about sports so I just do the usual which is smile and nod. So while I was smiling and nodding, even the teacher (who is a woman and also a batallion chief) comes over and starts yapping on about baseball or whatever. Then I realized, hmm... maybe it would be to my advantage to be able to hold a small conversation about sports. I mean, usually I don't really care and when people start trying to get me involved in the conversation I just tell them a team I "like" and try to throw out random facts I hear on the radio. I can't really tell, but I think it usually works. I don't really see myself trying to memorize the sports section anytime soon but perhaps I will start learning how to discriminate baseball and football teams.

On another note, I recently learned how to forward ports in my router and can now create Starcraft games. If anyone still has their CD... start playing again! I recently started playing again and damn, it is so fun. More people need to play so we can get in house games going. And no, I will never move on to Warcraft! Also if you want to learn how to do port forwarding visit www.portforward.com. Hmm... just realized these two topics don't go so well together in the sense of me trying to not sound nerdy. So, if you do not know me and are reading this... I just want to note that I am not nerdy. Or at least I am not that nerdy.

4 comments:

  1. I started up sc again too lol
    -joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you made me want to get one! :) ahaha. sports! i'm on the same page as you..except i know a little something about basketball and the players. Football however, still learning. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sc is so freakin old. I can't even imagine starting to play that game again. Plus everyone who plays is ridiculously uber. Theres no real point. I will however whoop ur ass in sc2 if it ever comes out. So far looks like protoss is pretty rigged. Hopefully theyll balance it out pretty quickly.

    I think you can add me to your blog roll if u have one. Other than that I have no idea since i use word press.

    ReplyDelete