Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I got owned by a Korean

If you know me, you probably also know I enjoy a good laugh at the expense of some Koreans. Since I haven't had the time to come up with any more self-made, kinda not so funny Korean jokes, I decided to post a great opportunity that came upon me today. I had the opportunity to ask a real life Korean whether or not she believed in Fan Death. This was a once in a life time chance to test if this Korean Fan Death hypothesis was even true! It was all made possible because a random Korean accidentally IM'ed me on AIM thinking I was her friend. She didn't seem like the brightest girl ever because it took me a while to explain to her I wasn't her friend but I eventually got her to believe me by failing her in the ultimate "What is my name?" test...

me: what is my name
her: chris

her: chris chang

me: yeah haha

me: my name is albert

me: hence

me: the al
her: oh

her: i thought it was just a design

her: cause its in the back too
me: yea the la makes it symmetrical
her: sorry
me: maybe he lied to you
her: why would he do that?


...I had no answer for her.


After being stumped by this Korean, I eventually decided that the prime opportunity to see if this Fan Death stereotype really lived up to its name had come.

me: u were born in korea huh
her: yeah
me: true or false
her: true
me: wait

me: wait for the question
her: oh
me: someone can get sick or die from falling asleep with the fan on in their bed room
her: um

her: i dont know

her: i sleep with it on.. but not on my face

her: so i think its ok?

her: right?

Drats. She is right. Although, she didn't seem too sure of herself I must say, this Fan Death thing isn't really playing out too well. Good thing I can always make a reference to Wikipedia to back me up. (Scroll down to previous post for link) Anyways, so far, all the evidence I have collected personally hasn't really been pointing me in the direction I was hoping for. (This is not the first time I have asked this to someone)

Eventually, I had to let her know that it wasn't safe to talk to strangers on the internet and yet, she managed to prove me wrong again.

me: how old are you btw
her: 24
me: did u know talkign to strangers online is dangerous
her: no

her: why
me: what

me: are you serious

me: are you a fob
her: why would it be dangerous? what could you do to me?
me: i dunno

me: pretend iw as your friend

me: and get information

me: or something
her: oh

her: thats true

her: but

her: i dont know

her: youre right, but i know now

her: so youre harmless

Man... she got me again. I am powerless.

Well friends, I guess so far I still haven't found any solid evidence proving that the Fan Death myth actually exists AND I got owned three times by a Korean. So as a precaution, the next time you plan on stereotyping your Korean friends about believing a fan could kill someone in their sleep, you'd better hold off on it until further notice.

2 comments:

  1. haha dude this is pretty funny. I finally looked up fan death. I think you put that up on wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete