Wednesday, August 18, 2010

yay

Good news everyone!

And when I say good news, I mean good news for me. You probably couldn't care less. But anyways, my elbow is finally better! I went to the gym for the first time in six weeks today. Even though I was lifting weight I probably could have lifted two years ago, I couldn't be more excited.

I flew home over the weekend and my mom wanted me to see this doctor that she knew. Judging by how she and my dad described him to me, all I could gather was that it was a very shady sounding doctor, who only takes cash, has no license and doesn't even have a sign on his door. So we went to Chinatown (Oakland) on Saturday to go see him. He has a room in this big building that was down the hall from some chanting Buddhist monks, and around the corner from some old guys playing mah-jong. Anyways, the room is probably smaller than your living room and is split with dividers into a waiting area and patient area. There was no signs or anything with his name on it, but the waiting room was already packed at 9AM on a Saturday. Three hours later, I finally see him. My doctor faxed over the x-ray results to him and he takes a look at it, takes a look at my arm and tells me he will fix it before I leave.

He takes me into the "patient area" which is just two beds and two chairs, and starts doing some crazy stuff. Basically, I don't really know exactly what happened, but there was a lot of fire and water involved. He first did some massaging and then the thing with the glass bulb and flame where it creates a suction. Then after that, I got really lost. Him and his wife kept dumping a shit load of different liquids on my arm, and then using a blow torch on it. I'm pretty sure I saw some shrimp or something in one of the liquids. After twenty minutes or so, they wrap me up and tell me I can lift by tomorrow. Highly doubtful, I go outside and try to do some push-ups in the hall. I did four with minimal pain. The day before I tried to do one with my knees on the ground and couldn't. CUHHHH...RAZY... He really did fix me up in twenty minutes. I can see why there was such a long wait to see him now. It was a pretty cool experience. Also, best seventy bucks I, or I mean my dad, has ever spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment