Sunday, February 7, 2010

vday and change

So... About a month ago, I suggested to my girlfriend that maybe we shouldn't celebrate Valentine's Day because it is a total marketing scam and it isn't even a real holiday and also, it only exists because people are just out to get our money. It sounded like a really great idea at the time but after suggesting it, I am now certain it really wasn't a great idea.
For some reason the majority of girls get all giddy about Valentine's Day (even though it isn't a real holiday). I don't really get why girls are so excited about Valentine's Day. Oh wait... maybe because it is a day where they get free shit! What a total scam! Now don't get me wrong. In no way am I going to be boycotting Valentine's Day or anything crazy like that, in fear of getting owned, but I am just pointing out a few observations I have made about this holiday. Yeah it is a total lose-lose situation. I can totally imagine a couple where the dude doesn't do anything special for his girl on Valentine's Day and the girl totally throws a huge fit. And then in the middle of her huge fit the poor guy just merely points out that she had not done anything for him for this day either. But for some reason, that point is totally irrelevant and he gets super owned. Anyways, tough luck dudes. The world is so unfair...

On another note that is totally irrelevant, I really hate coins. Do you know how many quarters I lose a week? Probably a lot. And if you're one of those people who are like "Dude change isn't worth shit." then FUCK YOU! Losing two quarters is like losing fifty cents, and yes I am aware that you can do that math by yourself but losing fifty cents really sucks, especially if you are doing that like every day.
And especially when you have fifty cents in your pocket and then you want to buy something that comes out to be $5.35 and then you take five dollars out of your wallet and then you reach into your pocket to get out your fifty cents that you had and then you realize YOU DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE. (because you lost it). Now you have to take ANOTHER dollar out of your wallet and receive sixty five cents in return. WOW! You totally could have just spent five dollars and got an extra fifteen cents back but, NO! You had to spend six dollars and get two more quarters, a dime and a nickle that you will eventually lose. HOW STRESSFUL IS THAT?

The answer is very.

Now, you may be thinking "Albert, why is it that you are complaining about loose change when you can easily just use your debit or credit card on your purchases?" Well friend, this is because I saw on the news that it is been proven that people generally spend less when they pay for things with cash instead of card, but what they forgot to do was to factor in was the part where people lose the coins they get in change. Damn you, ABC.


PS. Dear Aunt Celine, if you read this, sorry about the swearing earlier on. I couldn't think of another way to express myself on the topic of losing change.

1 comment:

  1. You are in big trouble Albert. I am telling your mother.

    wazaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete