Thursday, June 10, 2010

SUP

Hi all,


Let's start this post out with a joke.


Knock Knock



Who's there?



Koreans



Koreans who?



Koreans beat their wives.



Haha, Yes, I made that up myself, after I even typed the sentence "Let's start this post out with a joke."

Anyways, sorry I haven't posted for a while. Nothing particularly funny or exciting has happened to me and I couldn't really think of anything worthy of posting. I actually don't really have anything to talk about right now but I decided to write this post since a couple of people have been urging me to update my blog. I don't know why but when people make references about stuff I post on here, I feel a little happy inside.

On another note, I have been unemployed for about a month now (but not for much longer) so I have had a lot of time to go to the gym. I feel so much better about myself now that I have been lifting seriously again. Anyways, about three or four weeks ago, I was at the gym and haven't tested my maxes for a while, so I decided to test out my max deadlift. In case you don't know, deadlifting kind of makes a lot of noise when you put the weight down after the set, especially if the floor isn't padded. So I was warming up and stuff and I was kind of making a lot of noise and was feeling a bit embarrassed because I didn't want to seem like I was purposely throwing weights down. Also it was my first time in that particular gym. Anyways when I finally got the weight up to what I was trying to lift, I was totally trying to pump myself up, so I was breathing all hard with eyes closed and kinda whispering to myself. I seriously did that for about five whole minutes because I was kind of doubting myself was really nervous. From an third person view, I will completely agree that I looked really fucking gay, but it was very necessary. Anyways, I could tell people were starting to kinda stare me from the corner of their eye. When I FINALLY felt ready to lift, I reached down, grabbed the bar and pulled as hard as I could. And....the weight doesn't even move. Not even an inch. It was like I was trying to pick up something that was nailed to the ground. My god, I felt so shitty and embarrassed. I seriously spent like 15 minutes warming up and pumping myself up. After that, I just decided to rack my shit up and go home. Haha. Trust me, it was a very depressing drive home.

Anyways, I feel so much better now after this month. I also talked to this guy who told me he tests his maxes every week, which kind of sounds like a good idea to me. I've been testing them like every 3 months (and not seeing great results). I'm gonna start doing that at least every other week.


Here are some realistic 1 rep max goals for myself 8 weeks from now: (second week of August)

Squat: 335
Dead: 435
Bench: 325
Clean: 200 (just started)

Anyways hopefully I can reach those.

Hello Kevin Vu if you are reading this. I posted this up just for you to see so you can try to beat me. Keyword: try

1 comment:

  1. Hello Albert Chang, thanks for the special shout out. i feel....special :) I will max the second week of August also and see where I'm at then we can compare ;)

    The student shall become the teacher...jk...or am i??

    ReplyDelete