Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thomas sucks at driving

So my roommate rear-ended me the other day. Yes, we were both driving home and I decided last-minute that I was not going to not run a yellow left turn while he decided that he was going to. It's too bad I was in front of him. Luckily, neither of us really give a shit about our cars. We didn't even get out to assess the damage. The people at the intersection must have been really confused, because all I did was stick my head out the window and laugh at him. Anyways, if you ever see Thomas, be sure to tell him what a shitty driver he is.

I really was never the type to care about nice cars or name brand stuff or anything like that. Partly for reasons like this; I don't have to worry about messing it up. But mainly, I don't really care for expensive things because it makes no sense to me. I mean, if you are a millionaire or even a hundred-thousandaire then, by all means, buy whatever you want (because I will when I become one), but if you are still living off your parents or just barely getting by on your own, I don't really see the point in owning three hundred dollar sunglasses, four hundred dollar jeans, or seven hundred dollar purses, watches, shoes, etc. Yes, I will agree I have always been pretty cheap and didn't like to spend money, but it still doesn't make sense to own a bazillion dollar sunglasses (unless you can truly afford it). It's not like they block out UV rays any better than seven dollar ones do. If I was gonna buy sunglasses for over a couple hundred dollars, they better have x-ray vision or help me fly or some shit like that.

And really, people want to buy name brand shit so they can show it off. And what does that accomplish? Nothing really... except for announcing to the world that they can afford over priced stuff. And once again, if you can, that is really great, but if you can't, then please tell me why. Why would you buy it? And I have a feeling most people our age, or at least my age and younger, can't. (And I'm not talking about your spending dad's money)

4 comments:

  1. loll i feel as though i should comment after reading this bc i think i can give you some perspective on this topic lol. i think everyone comes from different places and it really depends on your own standard of living. honestly, i have all those things you described but to me those things are not that big of a deal or considered expensive. theres so many people that come into my work and to them i seem like a broke ass lol. i grew up around the things you described and i guess being surrounded by that your whole life raises your standard of living. my family friends have the same things and they just see that to be normal too. to me, expensive things are not hundred dollar bags or even a few thousand dollar bags but $10,000+ bags. if i was a millionaire or a multi millionaire, i would be buying crazy shit like islands and yachts, not a couple hundred dollar items, thats penny change at that point lol and trust me i still have great work ethics and work my ass off. :) to you, i may seem spoiled, but theres people i know that have bentleys as only one of their cars and thats what i consider spoiled and lucky as shit lol. if they have nice shit its most likely because they CAN afford it. i mean if theyre living in the hood and taking out loans and shit to buy brand name things then thats just fucked up. i agree lol. but dont all parents work hard so they can provide a nice life for their kid? as long as theyre raised correctly i dont see anything wrong with that. in regards to the sunglasses, the lens quality is totally different! you cant find the same designs with the same quality lens and frame plus the warranty for seven dollars. lol i think instead of sounding a little bit like a hater or even a tad jealous, you should be more open minded. :) maybe people just come from different places and can afford different things but that doesnt mean its a bad thing or theyre bad people. there are people out there that think your lifestyle is outrageous. no doubt. so dont judge. you never know. everyones different. dont hate me. tehe just giving you a different perspective. :)

    Rose Park

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. It's cause he's Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. well I definitely wasn't directing this towards anyone specifically. Also I did say it was great if they could afford it at least two times, so a lot of your reasoning would be agreeing with me. And yeah, I agree parents should want to give their children all they can... until they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lolll eunice.

    lol i know but i have alot of brand name shit so i felt like i was part of the group this was directed towards lol. plus i was cracked out that morning so reading it now is cracking me up. so many random tangents lol. ok byeeee

    ps. dont worry we're going to slowly convert you muhaha ;)

    ReplyDelete