Monday, September 13, 2010

HOARDERS

Hi unhelpful friends! So yesterday I made a post asking for people to please help with ideas on how to make this blog better. If you could scroll down and take a look, there are zero comments there. Thanks all! I feel so special. Anyways, I have decided to start posting more frequently, maybe like at least once or twice a week. I won't be posting the link on Facebook every time though because I don't want to spam your feed, but feel free to check in every now and then.

So I've been watching this show called "Hoarders" on TLC. I actually watched the whole first season on Netflix last night and today. If you've never heard of the show before, it's a documentary on people who have problems with hoarding. They can't mentally bring themselves to throw stuff away so basically their entire house is literally filled with piles of garbage and useless stuff. Basically the show brings in professionals and cleaning crews to help with their problem. Anyways, it's sad to say that some of the rooms in their houses aren't too far off from how my room looks (or used to look... I cleaned it). If you know me, you probably also know I am somewhat messy. I never had a system of having a "home" for all my items. I also don't have the "natural" tendency to pick things up after I drop them.

I never knew it was a tendency I was suppose to have until I met my girlfriend, Eunice. Eunice spends a lot of her time making a big deal about how I don't clean up messes I make. And I spend a lot of my time trying to clean up messes before she gets mad at me. Anyways, there was this one time where I went to her apartment after work. She was talking to me while I was changing and I accidentally dropped a piece of scrunched up paper on the floor.

After about five seconds she stops talking and says (with a decent amount of attitude) "Uh... you better pick that up." Where as, I reply "Of course I am going to pick it up. Why would I leave paper on the floor? I'm just changing right now and I will throw it away right after." (like her telling me to pick it up was the most pointless thing ever)

And then she doubts me.

I'm wearing a full suit so it takes me about a minute and a half to change but I spend the majority of that time telling her how little faith she has in me. And how she always over-exaggerates about how messy I am and it is NOT my fault that her apartment gets messy and she should stop blaming me. After I finish my speech, I'm feeling pretty good about myself and I walk over the the refrigerator to get some water. I look over to her and I can physically see the Korean rage coming out of her eyes. Literally less than 10 seconds have passed since I said that to her and I completely forgot about the paper I dropped. It was like one of those things where there is absolutely nothing I could say to be right in that situation. All I could do was sprint over to her, pick up the paper, sprint over to the trashcan, throw it away and laugh it off. HA HA ha ha ha h..... oops.

Don't worry, she thought it was funny too. Kind of.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm a hoarder too. I have the same problem, spending the majority of my time trying to clean up messes before Steph gets mad at me. Trying to learn how to get more clean and organized lol. Damn wtf is wrong with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, dude. Keeping all your stuff is important for future archeologists to recreate your lifestyle (and then download your recreated self into your new clone body).

    ReplyDelete