Saturday, September 25, 2010

Haircut

Every time I get a haircut I always ask for a 2 on the side and an 8 on top. I have been doing this for a while, probably ever since I started college. The thing is, I only like my 2 on the side and an 8 on top haircut maybe about two weeks after I get it.. after my hair grows out a little. It didn't occur to me until today that perhaps I should ask for a less short haircut next time. But what should I ask for? How do the numbers and ratios of buzzer sizes really work? That was a dilemma I was thinking about while I was driving to the barber shop. Would it be a 3 and a 9 or a 3 and a 12? The question is how did I get from 2 to 3. Did I add one or did I multiply by three halves? After much deliberation, I figured if the hair on the top of my head grows at the same rate as the hair on the side of my head, then it would make no sense to go by ratios and get a 3 and a 12. Getting a 3 and a 9 would make the most sense, since it's just like getting a 2 and an 8 but with an extra eighth of an inch of hair. So, when I got to the barber shop, I confidently told the barber I wanted a 3 on the side and a 9 on top. Which he then replied, "I don't have a 9." So, I ended up getting a 2 and an 8. I will be looking pretty good in about 2 weeks.

In other news, my mom and brother have convinced me to take the GMAT's. And when I say convince, I mean more like force. But, I guess I can see the plus side of taking it early. Too bad I didn't know the difference between the GMAT's and the GRE's until last week. I actually still don't know anything about the GMAT's besides that it is out of 800. But if it is anything like the SAT's then I feel pretty confident about it. I actually took 2 sections of a practice exam just now and got tired and decided to lie down and watch youtube videos instead. I'll finish the test tomorrow, I promise. I actually do like standardized testing. I find it kinda fun to study for since you can gauge your improvement. Anyways, I guess I am taking it in November or December. Wish me luck.

1 comment: