Sunday, June 7, 2009

Never thought the day would come where I would get a blog. I always thought blogs were weird and people who wrote in blogs were weird. I have been thinking about getting a blog for a while but didn't think I would have anything to write about. I actually really don't have much to write about...

So, I am graduating in about 6 days and I just really started thinking about what I want to do with my life. For the last 5 months my response when asked the familiar question "so what are you going to do after you graduate?" was most likely "I'm gonna be a firefighter." I would usually say this with a big smile on my face while looking for the surprise in theirs. Then the conversation usually moved on to how I would be wasting my college degree and I could've been a a firefighter right after high school and so on. Anyways, after having the same conversation with many many people, I started wondering why I even want to be a firefighter. I know the reason I began considering it was because I really didn't want to go through all the job searching and interviews for a business related position. Honestly speaking, after taking all these classes and passing with relatively good grades, I really don't know shit about economics. I actually really don't know shit about anything. Yeah, I read the news and listen to NPR (national public radio 89.3) when I'm in the car, but I really dont know shit. But then again, I don't think a lot of people know shit about anything either, including the people who think they do. People are always saying like the economy this or the economy that but I'm pretty sure they are just repeating stuff they saw on TV. Yeah, I can also probably loosely explain why we're going through a recession right now too but do I really understand it? Maybe, I'm not really sure. Anyways, taking the firefighter path just seems much more of a straight shot and less stressful and also much more awesome. There are many other factors to why I think firefighting trumps any desk job, for example the brotherhood they have, the required physical activity, and (although I've never felt it) the feeling you must get when you save someone's life. Also I know I'm repeating it, but being a fireman would be so damn awesome. Anyways, I'm not having second thoughts about this choice, but I kind of want to do more that just that. I really want to start my own business some day but I cant really see myself doing that if I become a firefighter. What to do, what to do...

2 comments:

  1. Hey man. Follow the whatever path you want to take. I don't know if you get this, but every time I see family, they always ask what I want to do with my life and I still have no idea what to say to them. You seem enthusiastic and adamant on becomming a fire fighter and thats awesome. At least you have an idea with what you want to do right? I'm not here trying to preach or anything. I'm just here to support you whether you need it or not. I know for sure you're going to do some crazy things someday. Good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man, btw.... who are you?

    ReplyDelete