Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer

I just got back to Irvine from a family trip. My dad booked a trip with some Chinese tour bus company which takes us around the mid-west and back in 7 days in a bus, hitting up tourist locations along the way. Long story short, this trip was extremely grueling. Everyday we got up at 6 am, got on the bus, drove around to different tourist locations, usually ate lunch at a gas station, and arrived at a new motel at around 11pm. I think we drove approximately 700 miles every day; for those of you who don't know how far that is, it is like driving from norcal to LA and back. I don't know how the bus driver didn't shoot himself by the end of the week. Anyways, the trip was whatevers, my parents mainly wanted to go on this trip to spend time together as a family so I guess it was cool. I already knew going into it that it was going to be extremely boring so I don't really have anything to complain about. But I did have a lot of time to myself on the bus rides and I thought a lot about what I want to be doing in the future.

I made a huge list of stuff I was going to be doing when I got back which included stuff like run more, read more, improve my hygeine, and etc. I have a lot of small personal improvements I hope to make this summer. The main one I hope to achieve is to lose my beer belly. For those of you who know me well, you probably know that I am relatively superficial and always laughed at fat people... that is, until I became one. I still remember, almost to the exact day, when I started developing this little belly of mine. It was my second year and I had just bought the 40 count pack of capri sun from costco. I killed that shit in like 3 days, and soon enough, it began developing. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Haha just kidding, but on a serious note, hopefully I will lose this belly and it will become okay for me to start laughing at fat people again.

On the bus, I also had a lot of time to think about what I want to do with my carreer. Ocassionally my parents and brother took turns talking to me about what I was going to be doing. They weren't exactly being intrusive, but it was getting pretty annoying. (Sorry Will). They kept saying firefighter this and firefighter that, and how firefighting is dangerous and how you can't really go onto other things with it. I guess some of what they say is true, but I just didnt really want to discuss it with them. Theres really like so many things I want to do in the next few years and I really don't know what I should do first. I also started playing with the idea of becoming a volunteer firefighter instead and being like some sort of awesome business man. I don't know. I just know I want to be rich. The last stop on the tour around America was in Vegas. I saw some old man smoking a cigar and gambling many $500 chips at once in blackjack. I decided I want to be as rich as him. I know for sure I will be rich in the future, I just don't know how I'm gonna get there. I have complete faith I will figure it out eventually, so I guess I'll just worry about my short term goals for now. Like how I'm going to be losing this belly this summer. hah hah...


BTW. side note. HMONGS really know how to party. I went to Jerry's graduation this weekend. I got so owned by his family. hahaha fun party


Also, I plan on updating my blog at least once a week now so feel free to check back in next week.

4 comments:

  1. That was one loong article lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've really changed
    this was interesting to read.
    keep up the blog!

    this is becca li by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. what happened at the hmongs party?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey albert, i saw this link posted on my news feed. anyways just wanted to say that my manager at the arc is a firefighter, and that he's been trying to get a job for like at least a year now.. and because of all the state budget cuts, all the counties are being affected and it's pretty hard to get a job as a firefighter. if you want to talk to someone whose been through it just let me know and i'll give you his contact!

    ReplyDelete