Thursday, June 25, 2009

SLOF

Whats a slof? That's a simple question. It stands for Summer List of Fun! It is a list that you make which contains activities you want to do before the summer ends. This term, I believed, was coined by Suzanne Magante (or perhaps one of her friends). Anyways, Suzie has convinced me to create a slof of my own. This post will not be so much about my slof but more on why you should also make a slof of your own!

By the way Suzie was also the one who started the "ice cream cone" joke which is slowly growing in popularity. For those of you who have used it, make sure to give her credit. And for those who've never heard of it... pretty much you just go up to someone, make a fist put it underneath their chin (like your holding an ice cream cone) and say "ICE CREAM CONE". It is like their head is the ice-cream and your hand is the cone. I know it sounds lame but it is actually a little funnier if you see it in person. Also if they are fat, you can hold up both hands under their chins and yell "DOUBLE ICE CREAM CONE". I made that last part up myself.

So anyways, I don't know about you guys but I personally love crossing things off of a list after I complete them. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. I usually only make them when I have a lot of stuff to do or to study for the day but I would generally include things such as eating or lifting in order to increase the length of the list, so that the satisfaction of finishing it would be that much greater. Basically a SLOF will not only give you the great satisfaction of finishing a season long list but will also give you the happiness in doing all those fun activities. In addition, I am a bit tired and sick of drinking everyday and I'm pretty sure you are too. So when you're sitting at home trying to think of something to do which doesn't involved getting wasted again, why not have a handy pre-thought out list of fun summer activities?

Things on a SLOF should be group activities which you don't do often. Such as going fishing or rollerblading or biking or paint balling etc. Its up to you! So go out there, jump on the new band wagon and make your slof today! If you need friends to help you check things off your list, feel free to ask me. Together, through teamwork, we can finish our slofs together!

also feel free to leave questions and comments

1 comment: