Tuesday, August 18, 2009

making it up as I go along

Well. I just spent about 20 minutes reading blogs of friends of friends or other people I don't know. People put a lot of personal stuff on their blogs. I guess it is kind of interesting to read what people are doing in their lives even if I don't know them.

So my dad asked me a few days ago if I would want to work in Washington (the state). He says he has a friend who is starting a business over there. It was just an idea and nothing is even close to happening yet but I kind of surprised myself when I said yes. I always thought I would want to stay in Irvine after graduation but I don't think I really do. Yes, I will miss you all and everything but I really want to go out and do new things and explore new places. I think even living in Fremont now would be kind of new. By the way, you will never guess how much firefighters make here. Starting salary is $92,000.

I have a ride along with the Fremont Fire Department tomorrow and I am very excited. It is like 5 AM and I can't fall asleep. When I went over there to ask about the necessary paperwork to get the ride along, the captain sat me down and talked to me for about 45 minutes. He talked to me for so long I kind of didn't even want to talk to him anymore. I mean he was incredibly nice and I got a better feel about his department but damn, I thought the visit would have lasted about 3 minutes. I guess it was a very pleasant surprise. I can't wait to ride in the fire truck tomorrow. Or actually.... in 4 hours.

Anyways, in other news in the life of me, I hurt my neck lifting some how. I am now unable to turn my head to the left. It is incredibly painful but I have high hopes it will get better soon. I hope tomorrow they don't ask me to do anything super physical where I will look like a bitch if my neck gets in the way. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to man it up for a day. Not to be selfish, but god I really hope there is a fire tomorrow. Maybe they will let me pull hose for them.

I have also made another life changing decision today. Haha... not really. I will most likely be deactivating my facebook account. It takes up too much of my time and I don't want potential employers to be looking at it. Especially if I am trying to get hired by a fire department (even though that will be in forever). I mean they make you log in for them and then look at all pictures, friends, etc. Also I think it will help me stay focused on my dreams and goals. I recently bought a composition notebook where I planned to write all my goals for the day or errands I wished to complete. It seemed like a great idea but I only did it for one day. Maybe I will start that up again soon. It makes you feel very accomplished at the end of the day.

Anyways, I guess this post wasn't really funny or entertaining to read. I probably wont have many of these bland posts. I try to make most entries more interesting to read. I actually kind of really like writing now. Not gonna lie... hahaha.

3 comments:

  1. nooo i am not leaving sujjy. that was just an idea, and why does this make you sad suzzy

    ReplyDelete