Friday, July 30, 2010

dress socks

What's the deal with people who use the term "blahablhab and I" incorrectly. For example, "That guy said hi to bob and I." First of all, I feel as though the only reason people would say that is to be grammatically correct. But, if you're gonna use it when you should have just said "me" which is the better sounding and easier word to say, then you're just an idiot. It's kinda like going out of your way to sound smart but you really just sound like a dumb ass. It is a pretty basic grammar rule you probably should have learned in the 5th grade. See, I would have no problem with someone who used "blahalbalh and me" incorrectly because that is the natural way people talk. But if you're gonna go out of your way and try to speak differently, at least have it make grammatical sense.

Does that bother any of you or is it just me?

Here is an idea I had. Assuming you are a dude in college or right out of college that just recently got a job or internship at some office... and assuming you are pretty broke and not a metro dude and don't have a lot of dress clothes... let me know how this idea pans out for you. So I don't know about you but as far as my dress clothes go, I have a suit jacket, black slacks, like two to four dress shirts and three pairs of black socks and a few ties. That is all. So I have no problem with wearing the same suit jacket and pants everyday and alternating shirts. My problem is with the socks. I only have three pairs of black socks and I'm not going to do my laundry every three days. Assuming I wash my clothes every week and never lose any of those socks, a dilemma will still arise if I work more than three days a week. What am I going to wear on my feet my fourth day of work?

So here is what I ended up doing. Since I have like twenty pairs of white socks, I would just wear the same black socks over different white socks every day. Now, three pairs of black socks can last me at least ten days. The problem with this is that wearing two pairs of socks everyday gets kind of hot and the black socks still get pretty gross since essentially you're still wearing them three or so days in a row. Now my idea/solution is this:

What if there were black "socks" that only started at the heel and went up to the ankle/calf. So essentially it looks kind of like an ankle brace. So you will wear this over your white socks (which you own a lot of) and you only need to buy one pair of these fake socks. When you are wearing your dress shoes, nobody will know that you aren't really wearing real dress socks except for you. So, essentially you come off looking professional, but on the real, you're wearing half socks underneath your shoes. The half sock's wont get sweaty because you're not really double layering your feet. So, one pair of half socks that can probably sell for a dollar will last you forever.

How is that for a solution?

Now the targeted niche for these socks would be non-gay, male college students to non-gay, male newly graduates within the past six months. I think after you're about six months into the work force, you can probably afford to buy real black socks. Also gay dudes probably own a lot of socks along with many other things.

FAQ:

Q: Why don't you just buy new black socks?
A: Because buying black socks is expensive and I'd rather spend my money on food or more white socks.

Q: How many black socks do you currently own?
A: Since nobody came up with this brilliant idea when I first started working, I own around ten so this is no longer a problem for me. Although I really wish this existed a year ago.

Q: If you are wearing the same fake black socks every day, wouldn't they get dirty?
A: Not really, since you're kinda only wearing them around your ankles. I don't think people really sweat that much around their ankles that much when doing normal office work.

Q: What happens with you take off your shoes and people see what you're wearing?
A: Don't take off your shoes. And if you have to take off your shoes, explain to them what you are wearing and try to get them to buy some for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. "the guy said hi to bob and I" is grammatically incorrect...it should be "bob and me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.... That is what i said you anonymous noob

    ReplyDelete